USS Perseus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eun and Raiya

2 posters

Go down

Eun and Raiya Empty Eun and Raiya

Post by Eun Ae Kye September 26th 2010, 9:26 am

|USS Perseus
|Sickbay, CMO's Office

A sigh exited Eun's mouth as she flipped through the medical logs of the senior staff. She had taken care to examine their histories before launch, in case there were any issues she needed to be aware of ahead of time. As it was, there appeared to be very little of note, besides maybe some psychiatric issues with the executive officer. That was the realm of counseling anyway, outside of her expertise.

Silently she set down the padd and looked out her office window, examining sickbay intently. It was her first time truly being in charge of a starship's medical department, and a nagging doubt was biting at the rear of her mind. Run wasn't exactly the greatest of leaders-not that she couldn't learn to be a leader, of course, the question was whether or not she could learn before she had a chance to royally screw up and ruin her career.

At least the captain's not around to grill me on my experience... yet...

:Tag Raiya:
Eun Ae Kye
Eun Ae Kye
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Back to top Go down

Eun and Raiya Empty Re: Eun and Raiya

Post by Raiya Laren September 26th 2010, 10:17 am

Laren strode down the hall to Med-Bay, after she'd visited her Ready Room, and Quarters she'd decided definitively that both needed her own, Bajoran, furnishings. After she'd had a quick chat with the ships Quartermaster to make sure that arrangements for her stuff to be brought on board by tomorrow. Now she was checking in on the ships other Department Heads to make sure they were here, and let them know about the meeting tomorrow as well. And her first stop was Medical....

Raiya strode confidently into the Sickbay and headed for the CMO's office. Looking through the large window that the office sported she could see the CMO sitting at her desk. She looked human from Laren's point of view, but her eye's looked a little off....
She entered the Office with a whoosh of the double doors.
"Hello,"She said to the woman," I'm Commander Raiya the ships new CO."

<tag Eun>
Raiya Laren
Raiya Laren
Captain
Captain

https://perseus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eun Ae Kye September 26th 2010, 10:34 am

Eun snapped her head up in surprise as she heard the Commander address her. Oh, how craptastic is my timing... She immediately straightened in her seat, looking up with a pair of cybernetic blue eyes. "Oh, uh, hello, I'm Lieutenant Kye, the new Chief Medical Officer. Uh, ma'am."

She quickly switched her view with a thought to analyze Commander Laren's basic vital signs. Body heat was within expected range for a Bajoran, heart rate was steady, blood pressure seemed nominal. It was upon switching back to regular vision that she noticed Laren's face again-more specifically, her attractive face. Excessively attractive. Suddenly Eun realized her own heart rate had just jumped.

Eun Ae Kye
Eun Ae Kye
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiya Laren September 26th 2010, 11:34 am

What Species has Cybernetic Eyes Laren thought as she stared into Kye's electric blue eyes. The CMO looked human for all purposes, but from what Laren had seen they tended to shy away from cybernetics, or any kind of enhancement, and Raiya had never heard of a group of humans that did. She slid into the seat that was opposite of the Doctor's on the other side of her desk, pulling her rich brown hair behind her neck, revealing her ears, and the Bajoran Earring she wore on her right one.

"Good to meet you Lieutenant,"She said to Eun with a calming smile; creepy eyes aside the woman looked on the verge of an anxiety attack."How are you settling in so far?"

<tag>

Raiya Laren
Raiya Laren
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Eun Ae Kye September 26th 2010, 11:42 am

"Oh, uh, just fine, ma'am," Eun replied nervously. Underneath her desk she gripped her leg tightly and tried to calm herself. The last thing she needed to do was act like a lovesick schoolgirl in front of the CO. "Just, uh, the only Lagashi on board, but otherwise fine." It occured to her that the Bajoran had likely never heard of her race-explaining it to her might be a nice way to get her sudden anxiety under control.

Eun Ae Kye
Eun Ae Kye
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiya Laren September 26th 2010, 11:53 am

"I'm sorry I've never heard of the Lagashi before,"Laren replied, apologizing for her ignorance,"I thought you were human, except for the eye's, but I guess you've already pieced that together,"She continued, her blushing to a red as she tried to explain her thought process to Eun.

<tag>
Raiya Laren
Raiya Laren
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Eun Ae Kye September 26th 2010, 11:57 am

Oh jeez, you start blushing and I'll start blushing, oh damnit. "Well, we're baseline humans, but split off from the ones you're used to centuries ago. Genetically there are some minor differences, and cybernetics are pretty common for us." Try as she might to stop it, a very slight tinge of red made it's way up to Eun's face.

Eun Ae Kye
Eun Ae Kye
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiya Laren September 26th 2010, 12:07 pm

"Ahh okay that explains a lot,"Raiya replied with a small smile, as she brushed a loose lock of hair from her face."Bajorans never really had the chance to separate from each other, we were just entering our space age when the Cardassian's started the occupation, and cybernetics are considered a commodity for the sick who need them so..,"She wasn't quite sure where she was going with that and ended her train of thought with an awkward silence.

She noticed that Eun was blushing a little, not as much as Laren, but Laren blushed a lot at almost nothing most of the time, so she decided that Eun's must be from the nerves of meeting her commanding officer the first time.

<tag>
Raiya Laren
Raiya Laren
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Eun Ae Kye September 26th 2010, 12:28 pm

"Uh, don't worry about it, I get those reactions a lot." Eun fell silent as she realized she had no idea what to say next, and Laren had become equally quiet. An awkward silence persisted for several moments before Eun finally dredged up the courage to say something.

"So.... your medical history didn't show anything I need to worry about, but, uh, is there anything else about yor health I should know that wouldn't be in your history?" Eun's cheeks were bright red by this point, every effort to control her bodily response failing miserably.
Eun Ae Kye
Eun Ae Kye
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiya Laren September 26th 2010, 12:39 pm

Raiya shook her head.
" None that I can think of, thank the Prophets, unless the tendons in my shoulders are ready to snap after playing all my life Springball,"She answered with a smile.

She noticed that Eun seemed to be getting redder still, Larens cheeks were also still flushed red but were already starting to return to their normal tinge after her moment of embarrassment had passed, making her wonder if Eun was just really really nervous about her being her, or just naturally a little on the non-social side.

<tag>
Raiya Laren
Raiya Laren
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Eun Ae Kye September 26th 2010, 12:50 pm

"Shouldn't be an issue, no." Eun had heard of springball before, and the only way it would have worried her was if Raiya had a weak frame, something one certainly could by say about her rather athletic build. Which made her all the more attractive. Dammit.

Half of Eun was screaming at her to say something to Raiya, to admit that she was experiencing a sudden crush, but she just barely kept her tongue bit back. It was hard not to make some kind of advance, the way she smiled and attempted to calm the obviously nervous Eun. Damnit.
Eun Ae Kye
Eun Ae Kye
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiya Laren September 26th 2010, 12:55 pm

"Okay then, I'll try not to dislocate it to much then,"Raiya replied with a little laugh."Also our first staff meeting will be in the Observation Lounge on Deck One tomorrow at 1400 hours, I want all Senior Staff there so we can prep for launch soon, okay?"

<tag>
Raiya Laren
Raiya Laren
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Eun Ae Kye September 26th 2010, 1:01 pm

"Okay", Eun said quietly, "I'll be there." She felt so embarrased right then it was almost unbearable. "Anything else you want to tell me?"Alright, calm down, and then just say something about it... but be polite... God, please be polite...

Eun Ae Kye
Eun Ae Kye
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiya Laren September 26th 2010, 1:05 pm

"Errr nothing I can think of, other than watch out for the XO he's a great guy, but a little to.....I guess the best word for it would be idealistic, and our CSTO has something sticking out of his head, but I have no idea what it is,"Raiya replied with a grin; she was exaggerating a little about both, but not by much. "How about you, is there anything I can do for you, anything you need?"
Raiya Laren
Raiya Laren
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Eun Ae Kye September 26th 2010, 1:18 pm

Oh jeez, what do I say? Do I just ask her out, do I hit on her, what? Oh jeez. "Well, uh, I...." Eun gulped audibly. "Are, you, uh.... I don't mean to be inappropriate in nay way, ma'am, but are you.... busy.... tonight?" She instantly cringed, wishing she had just kept her mouth shut and let the commander go on her merry way.
Eun Ae Kye
Eun Ae Kye
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiya Laren September 26th 2010, 1:26 pm

"I don't think so why?,"Laren said completely unaware that Eun was trying to ask her out, although she did find it odd the woman had gone out of her way to make sure Raiya didn't think of it as inappropriate, and assumed that either Eun either wanted to get together with her, for friendship, or work related.

<tag>
Raiya Laren
Raiya Laren
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Eun Ae Kye September 27th 2010, 12:01 am

"Oh, I was just wondering if maybe you'd like to, uh...." Like to what? Have dinner? Visit the holodeck? What? "Uh.... well, uh.... get dinner?" It just got blurted out, and Eun immediately snapped her mouth shut as soon as she was finished saying it. God, could that have been any more awkward?
Eun Ae Kye
Eun Ae Kye
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiya Laren September 27th 2010, 1:42 am

"Sure we can grab a bite in the Officer's Mess on Deck 3 at say... 1900 hours?," Raiya asked, still oblivious to Eun's romantic intentions. She'd never known a fellow officer of the same gender (or different species) to ask her out before, and on Bajor it was considered taboo, not due to any social stigma, but due to the fact that Bajor wasn't exactly on the top of the galaxy when it came to population levels, so such things tended to be rare all around.
Raiya Laren
Raiya Laren
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Eun Ae Kye September 27th 2010, 2:45 am

"Yeah, sure, that's fine." Eun was still overflowing with anxiety, but Laren hadn't even batted an eye at another woman and her subordinate asking her out, so that had to be a good thing. Bajorans must have been more open-minded to bisexuality-and Lagashi, appearantly-than Eun realized. "1900, right."
Eun Ae Kye
Eun Ae Kye
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiya Laren September 27th 2010, 3:00 am

Laren nodded her head as she stood to leave.
"Alright then I have to go check in on the Department Heads I guess,"She said to Eun," We can talk more tonight I suppose."
And I hope she's not as nervous it's not like a first date with some guy you met or anything...

<tag/End?>
Raiya Laren
Raiya Laren
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down