USS Perseus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raiya & Arunjezeb

2 posters

Go down

Raiya & Arunjezeb Empty Raiya & Arunjezeb

Post by Arunjezeb Ameen September 9th 2010, 7:49 am

Oakland Shipyards, Central Terminal
Stationary Orbit, Earth
Day 1, 1045 Hours

Unlike shipyards such as Utopia Planetia or Antares, which were iconic in-of-themselves, Oakland Shipyards, on the other hand, was more along the lines of a sleepy space port. This was most likely due to the fact that Oakland was hardly used any longer due to its relative age, lagging technological abilities and failing health considering its age. Now mostly used for the administrative needs and clinical whims of Starfleet Academy, most other starships were often assembled, refit and upgraded at more contemporary shipyards within the sector, such as Utopia Planetia which orbited Mars.

However, on this particular day, the general level of activity within the central terminal was quite a bit more noticeable than on any average day; so much so, in fact, that it had drawn the attention of several permanently assigned personnel, whose wayward vigilance lingered over the central terminal as personnel, cargo and supplies came and went at a steady pace. This, Arunjezeb, credited to the fact that the station currently had within reach of its docking boons, an Explorer-class starship by the designation of Perseus. Infantile in its own existence, the Perseus had been with Oakland for the better part of three months while it underwent final systems configurations and checks shortly after a one year shakedown tour-of-duty with an SCE skeleton crew. Put through her paces, it was determined that the Perseus was more than ready to be integrated into the fleet and could assume active status.

And 'active status' was the singular reason for Arunjezeb's presence on the main platform of the central terminal. He'd been waiting for well over fifteen minutes for the arrival of Lieutenant Commander Raiya, but had yet to actually see her among the throngs of personnel now offloading through the twelve airlock egresses. He'd checked with the computer and confirmed her arrival by means of the Danube-class runabout Penobscott, which had supposedly docked at port seven five minutes ago. Of the twelve registered passengers, only six had disembarked, all of them males; the Lieutenant Commander, unfortunately, had yet to appear. Waiting patiently, he stood upon tippy-toes, attempting to look above and around a large group of personnel whom had suddenly thought it best to camp out in front of the Lieutenant.

"How bloody-well annoying." He muttered under his breath.

(Reply: Raiya)
Arunjezeb Ameen
Arunjezeb Ameen
First Officer
First Officer

https://www.facebook.com/cuzinvinnie01

Back to top Go down

Raiya & Arunjezeb Empty Re: Raiya & Arunjezeb

Post by Raiya Laren September 9th 2010, 8:42 am

Laren stepped out of the Penobscott and onto the deck of the Oakland Fleet-yards, with a yawn. She'd decided to take a short nap on the Runabout, since she doubted any sleep would find her tonight as she started life as a Commanding Officer. Heck even getting to sleep on the Runabout had been a challenge. After stretching her arms she started walking again, and checked the small PADD that Bamford had given her, to make sure it was still okay. She pushed her way through a gaggle of Officers, and saw one near them looking slight ridiculous trying to look over the group at the Runabout's docking port. She took a seat at a bare metal bench with little holes in it, that was conveniently close to the docking port, but far enough to avoid most of the crowds. She turned to the small PADD in her left hand and started to read it in detail

The PADD said that the Perseus was docked at the Yards, and Oakland being old enough to remember the launch of the first wave of Excelsior's, was only big enough to handle a single ship at a time. Laren stopped reading for a second to look up from the PADD, and through the giant windows (really just parts of the station with a shaped hole, and a force-field) and could see the outer edge of the Perseus's Saucer section dominating the view. Laren flashed a quick smile before returning to her PADD; the Yards may not be that impressive, but they made her ship look far grander than reality.

The docking airlocks leading to the Perseus were just past the central terminal and opened up on the ships seventh deck (Somewhere in the Neck, or Saucer if Laren remembered right), and like Bamford had said she had seven days to pull the ship out of dock. After that another ship needed the space.
"I guess I should arrange for my furniture, and the like to be moved soon,"She observed. After all if she had a new office, she'd need to have stuff to display in it, not to mention the fact she'd need to set up a mini-shrine to the Prophets somewhere. Unless there were enough Bajorans on the ship to warrant a full blown temple that was the best she was going to be able to do, but she'd done with worse in the past.

Laren had been so absorbed in her orders PADD, that she didn't even notice the man who had been standing on his toes before approaching her, and was a bit startled when she looked up and saw him standing near her.

"Hello,"Laren said with a smile."Can I help you...?"

<tag Ameen>

Raiya Laren
Raiya Laren
Captain
Captain

https://perseus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arunjezeb Ameen September 9th 2010, 9:12 am

Arunjezeb closely observed three more personnel disembark the Penobscot, yet again, though, he'd yet to sight Lieutenant Commander Raiya. What had become more of an annoyance was that the group of people standing in front of him had started to swell and was now causing a backlog of transients to bottleneck, hindering his line of site further. Glaring at the group, the Lieutenant said just loud enough for the nearest of them to hear, "hell, get out of the bloody way will you!" His voice was never louder than his standard speaking voice, but it carried an authoritative tone that conveyed the very annoyance felt inwardly. Several members of group turned to address him, glaring preemptively before noticing the very reason as to why he had grown unnecessarily nettled.

Moving away towards a less occupied area of the central terminal, Arunjezeb allowed the feeling of annoyance to subside, thinking it rather silly in allowing himself to become marginally more emotionally invested in the situation than it actually warranted. However, with his attention diverted, he'd not noticed the last remaining occupants of the runabout disembark and start to meander throughout the central terminal. "Blasted." He grumbled half-dejected as radiant, hazel-colored eyes started to survey the faces that started to move about and pass him by. He'd been studying the Commander's image since first arriving and had been hoping to meet with her here rather than employing a more embarrassing or perhaps official method of calling for her attention.

Believing he may have very well missed her, Arunjezeb turned on a heal about one-hundred and eighty degree's to proceed towards the nearest exit when his eyes fixated on a woman. Seated on a bench no more than perhaps a half-meter from him was Lieutenant Commander Raiya. Allowing a soft sigh of relief to escape his lips, Arunjezeb approached, the gait of his stride a bit more business-like than he would have preferred, but with nerves starting to fray and anxiety welling, the reaction could hardly of been helped. After all, his interview was now within arms reach.

Raiya wrote:"Hello," Laren said with a smile. "Can I help you...?"

Arunjezeb returned the smile, although meek, it was quite genuine. "Pardon me Commander; however, I'm Lieutenant Arunjezeb Ameen." He introduced himself. "Commodore Foster had arranged an interview for the position of Executive Officer on board the Perseus. I thought perhaps meeting you here was an okay idea ... not that meeting you on board the ship wouldn't have been justified as well. I don't know, I thought maybe a less formal setting would help but me at ease ... but apparently that's not the case at all. I'm sweating." The diatribe of statements all mingled and meshed with one another to formulate one, incoherent rambling of epic nervous and anxious filled proportions. The creases of embarrassment that now lined the Lieutenant's face conveyed just how completely aghast he was at his own behavior.

(Tag: Raiya)
Arunjezeb Ameen
Arunjezeb Ameen
First Officer
First Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiya Laren September 9th 2010, 11:31 am

It took Laren all the self control she could muster to keep from bursting into laughter. It wasn't everyday that a future Executive Officer told the Captain they were sweating Her cheeks quickly went from a pale white, with a tinge of pink, to a deep rosy red as she tried to contain it.

"It's okay Lieutenant,"She replied with another smile, setting the PADD down."Why don't you take a seat, and tell me more about this...interview was it?"

She motioned at the spot next to her on the bench for Ameen to sit down.

<tag Ameen>
Raiya Laren
Raiya Laren
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Arunjezeb Ameen September 9th 2010, 11:51 am

Arunjezeb swallowed hard, a perpetually growing lump in his throat. "Sorry, Ma'am ... I'm just a bit nervous is all." He replied, taking a seat beside the Commander. "I ramble ... when nervous, I mean." His posture was quite rigid, discomfort quite evident. "I'm not quite sure why they would even consider me to be an acceptable candidate, I've only been serving in a command level capacity for just under a year ... surely they'd be seeking someone of a higher caliber, experience-wise. Right?" He inquired, but not waiting an answer, continued. "Although, Commodore Foster did say that it's not necessarily time in a specific role that garners a promotion, but rather what you do with that time and what accomplishments and achievements you've garnered. Which, I suppose makes sense, overall ... I mean, after all, Harry Kim served seven years as an ensign on Voyager." He paused, a look of complete mortification drawing across his face, "not that I'm saying he didn't deserve a promotion, I mean, you know, seven years lost in the Delta Quadrant and all, surely he must have ... oh blimey, just stun me with a phaser now." His entire body deflated, an abysmal and lost look drawing across his face; surely, at this very moment in time, he was hardly coming across as high-grade, high-quality First Officer material. In other words, epic fail.
Arunjezeb Ameen
Arunjezeb Ameen
First Officer
First Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiya Laren September 9th 2010, 1:55 pm

Laren stared at Arunjezeb, studying the mans face. If she were a Vedek she might have even reached out and grabbed his ear to try to feel his pagh, but humans found that disconcerting,and she wasn't a Vedek, so she refrained.
"Well I'm sure you must be a qualified individual to move to First Officer so quick,"Laren told him with an honest smile. She brushed a lock of rich brown hair out of her face, and wondered vaguely where this Commodore Foster had gotten the bright idea to stick an in-experienced Executive Officer, with someone who was equally inexperienced in so far as the fact they were both doing something they hadn't before.
"Experience isn't everything Lieutenant,"She continued, refraining from adding the line "But it sure as hell helps" that floated in her head. Laren knew it wasn't fair, she'd had a three year stint as an XO before gaining her own command, and this poor fellow had only been in Command for months, before becoming an XO."As for getting lost in the Delta Quadrant....well I hope we don't, because we're headed for The Round Table in a week."

<tag Ameen>
Raiya Laren
Raiya Laren
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Arunjezeb Ameen September 10th 2010, 12:29 am

Raiya wrote:"As for getting lost in the Delta Quadrant... well I hope we don't, because we're headed for The Round Table in a week."

Perhaps it had been an earlier Freudian-slip of his own; regardless, Arunjezeb's entire demeanor suddenly changed at the very mention of 'The Round Table'. They were going to Delta Quadrant. They were going to the Delta Quadrant? Oh goodness, they were going to be going to the Delta Quadrant! As if a light switch had been flipped on, Arunjezeb's eye's flickered to life with an excitement that gleamed through the very hazel of their color, intensifying their radiance, if that were at all possible.

"The Delta Quadrant," each word was slowly articulated very clearly. "The Delta Quadrant." He repeated, beaming a rather silly smile that truthfully pulled up to the very tips of his ears. Forgotten were the feelings of nervousness and anxiety; now replaced with those of excitement, bewilderment and wonderment. As a child, there had always been an overwhelmingly strong desire to explore the Delta Quadrant, especially after reading and studying all about the Voyager, her crew and their valiant journey in a fruitless attempt to return home. Their stories were the very foundation of Arunjezeb's want, desires and needs to become an explorer and join Starfleet. They were also the building tide that caused a significant rift in the relationship between himself and his family, especially his father.

"Ma'am, I realize I may have given the impression of not very well being ready to serve as your Executive Officer ... but I would be foolhardy to pass up such an opportunity, especially with where we'll be going. If you're willing to take a chance on me, please, I'd really like to be your right hand man." He concluded, the thrill and exhilaration felt hardly contained within.

(Tag: Raiya)
Arunjezeb Ameen
Arunjezeb Ameen
First Officer
First Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiya Laren September 11th 2010, 12:23 pm

"Your first impression wasn't that good,"Laren admitted hoping she hadn't dogged all the mans spirit with that one short phrase," But you've got enthusiasm, and you know how to admit when you make a mistake....and well no one else is volunteering."
Laren did honestly admire the man's obvious willingness to explore, and wish she shared it. Right now she was happier to have her own command, then she was about the mission. Laren's entire career in the fleet thus far had revolved primarily around tactical, and strategic departments, and even she admitted that her time as an officer probably would have ended a lot sooner, had it not been for the Dominion War, and the rebuilding phase afterward. But a Commanding Officer had to be better than a single department head, and not hold any prejudices against others that they may not know so well. Laren sincerely hoped she could succeed in this.
"So if you really want to be the First Officer, what's that phrase from Earth? You're Hired?,"She asked with a big grin.

<tag, Ameen>
Raiya Laren
Raiya Laren
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Arunjezeb Ameen September 12th 2010, 2:34 pm

Raiya Laren wrote:"Your first impression wasn't that good," Laren admitted hoping she hadn't dogged all the mans spirit with that one short phrase," But you've got enthusiasm, and you know how to admit when you make a mistake... and well no one else is volunteering."

There was a dark tinge of red that surfaced against Arunjezeb's cheeks; in retrospect, his first impression had been less that stellar and he was absolutely certain that the Commander could very well have believed he'd lost his mind ... heck, even he'd believe so. However, through the shortsighted naivety and juvenile anxiety, it appeared the Commander had saw through each and was willing to take a chance on the Lieutenant.

Raiya wrote:Laren did honestly admire the man's obvious willingness to explore, and wished she shared it. Right now she was happier to have her own command, then she was about the mission. Laren's entire career in the fleet thus far had revolved primarily around tactical, and strategic departments, and even she admitted that her time as an officer probably would have ended a lot sooner, had it not been for the Dominion War, and the rebuilding phase afterward. But a Commanding Officer had to be better than a single department head, and not hold any prejudices against others that they may not know so well. Laren sincerely hoped she could succeed in this.

"So if you really want to be the First Officer, what's that phrase from Earth? You're Hired?," She asked with a big grin.

"Thank you, Ma'am." Arunjezeb replied, "I really do appreciate this opportunity. Hopefully," he ventured, "I'll serve well enough in such a role as to prove better first impressions." He concluded, pearl white teeth gleaming through the insurmountable grin the adorned his face.

(Reply: Raiya)
Arunjezeb Ameen
Arunjezeb Ameen
First Officer
First Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiya Laren September 13th 2010, 4:51 am

The word hopefully drifted through Laren's mind, but she managed to refrain from saying it out loud.
She drifted her gaze from her newly minted (and very red cheeked) Executive Officer, back to the windows that looked out to the Perseus in the drydock. It was time to get going.
"Well then shall we go see what our new Command has in store for us then?,"She asked Ameen, turning her gaze back to the XO.

<tag Ameen>
Raiya Laren
Raiya Laren
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Arunjezeb Ameen September 14th 2010, 12:10 pm

Arunjezeb smiled proudly towards his new Commanding Officer, eyes flickering between the petite Bajoran and the Perseus viewable just exterior of the station, "Yes, Ma'am, I think we shall." He replied simply.

Ameen OOC: I think that's a pretty good place to end it, do you?!
Arunjezeb Ameen
Arunjezeb Ameen
First Officer
First Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiya Laren September 14th 2010, 12:12 pm

yup albino
Raiya Laren
Raiya Laren
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Arunjezeb Ameen September 14th 2010, 12:13 pm

Awesome! Shall I piece it together and post it, or shall you?!
Arunjezeb Ameen
Arunjezeb Ameen
First Officer
First Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiya Laren September 14th 2010, 12:15 pm

You can do this one, I'll take next Cool unless you'd prefer I did if your busy in which case I'd be more than happy to. sunny
Raiya Laren
Raiya Laren
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Arunjezeb Ameen September 14th 2010, 12:19 pm

No worries! I shall do so momentarily! Smile I'm only busy chatting with you! Rolling Eyes
Arunjezeb Ameen
Arunjezeb Ameen
First Officer
First Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down