USS Perseus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission Suggestion's

2 posters

Go down

Mission Suggestion's Empty Mission Suggestion's

Post by Raiya Laren September 7th 2010, 8:04 am

Here's a place for you to put any mission idea you have!
Make sure you let us know somehow what we will know going into the Mission and what we will learn during the mission. if it helps here's a guideline for you to follow if you want.

- A Title make sure it pertains to what happens in the Mission
- A heads up (what is known about the mission before it starts)
- A synopsis (direction should the mission develop)
- Objectives (list of objectives that need to be accomplished during the mission)
Raiya Laren
Raiya Laren
Captain
Captain

https://perseus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mission Suggestion's Empty Suggested Mission 1

Post by Raiya Laren September 12th 2010, 2:29 pm

Hey guys here's the suggestion me and the XO have cobbled together, using a slightly different format than that of the one I posted above.

Abstract
The USS Perseus has finally made it to the Delta Quadrant, and begun it's exploration of the Solaria Nebula. The Crew quickly finds itself cut off from Starbase 900, and the rest of the Task Force by an increase in Plasma Storm activity that has blocked the route we took in. Cut off for anywhere from a few weeks to a month, the Perseus makes it's way deeper into the Nebula to begin charting....

Main Plot

After a few days of exploration the Perseus comes across an area of the Nebula with a high number of gravitational eddy's that have formed a sort of Maelstrom, or really big whirlpool with the gases of the nebula, and creating a constant Plasma storm around the area, similar to the classical tales of ships crossing a whirlpool in storm in the days of ye old earth nautical times. As the Perseus approaches the Solaria Maelstrom to start conducting scans and figure out what exactly makes it tick, the ships primary impulse engines are damaged, and the one of the warp cores coolant tanks blows, forcing the core to be taken off-line. While possible sabotage is suspected, the ship begins to fall into the Maelstrom. And along with the gravitational stresses on the ship, Plasma bolts from the storm start striking the ship, injuring crew members, and exposing parts of the ship to space. Now the crew of the Perseus must find some way to escape the Maelstrom, and make sure who ever did won't be able to again.

Side Plots

-Finding the Saboteur, and stopping them from committing more acts of sabotage (listed here because it could be possible that whoever did won't strike again, and just want us to turn around and head back, thus won't commit any more sabotage if we do)
- Learning more about Maelstrom to see if we can use some of it's own properties to escape
- Rescue Injured crew members

Departmental Tasks (only listing those currently being played)
-Command: For me If we don't have a ChEng I guess I'll handle the overseeing of repairs, while our keen XO investigates the Sabotage
-Flight Control:Initially you'll have your hands full navigating the Nebula, and then trying the keep the ship on a course that helps us stay out of the Maelstrom, and away from the storms on a back up impulse engine
- Science: Investigate to see if there are any ways to escape the Maelstrom, or shield ourselves from the Plasma Strikes on minimal Power, also maybe launch a probe if you really want, and make sure some of your projects are being shielded.

Questions/Suggestions/Something you don't like?
Raiya Laren
Raiya Laren
Captain
Captain

https://perseus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mission Suggestion's Empty Re: Mission Suggestion's

Post by Arunjezeb Ameen September 12th 2010, 2:40 pm

HAHAHA! I think, perhaps, our two side-plot roles could possibly be reversed; Arunjezeb, after all, is a highly trained, skilled and sought after engineer. Razz
Arunjezeb Ameen
Arunjezeb Ameen
First Officer
First Officer

https://www.facebook.com/cuzinvinnie01

Back to top Go down

Mission Suggestion's Empty Re: Mission Suggestion's

Post by Raiya Laren September 13th 2010, 12:52 am

True, I only had it that way since it was your idea in the first place king
Raiya Laren
Raiya Laren
Captain