USS Perseus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eun & Arun (The Physical)

2 posters

Go down

Eun & Arun (The Physical) Empty Eun & Arun (The Physical)

Post by Arunjezeb Ameen September 30th 2010, 4:23 am

Deck 15, USS Perseus
Stationary Orbit, Earth
Day 1, 1522

It hadn't taken a considerable amount of time nor effort for Arun to arrange to have his personal effects transported directly on board the Perseus from Earth; in fact, the Quartermaster had made it clear with unwavering assurances, that the two large cargo containers would be stowed away in Arun's personal quarters, awaiting his arrival no later than 1600 hours today. Because the Explorer-class design didn't employ a separate office and/or ready room for the Executive Officer, there wasn't much unpacking and settling in that Arun could accomplish until his personal belongings would arrive. Since his afternoon agenda had changed slightly, the Lieutenant elected there was no time like the present to have the standard medical physical completed. As such, he had descended to deck fifteen and had easily navigated the large the corridors until reaching a set of blue doors designated as the sickbay.

The biometric sensor's detected his approach, which signaled the two door panels to disappear into the recessed cavities of the bulkhead, left and right accordingly. Stepping over the threshold and into the medical bay, hazel-colored eyes surveyed the large, elongated compartment in an attempt to locate a Doctor or Nurse.

(Tag: Eun)
Arunjezeb Ameen
Arunjezeb Ameen
First Officer
First Officer

https://www.facebook.com/cuzinvinnie01

Back to top Go down

Eun & Arun (The Physical) Empty Re: Eun & Arun (The Physical)

Post by Eun Ae Kye September 30th 2010, 4:52 am

After Lt. Acel'Ex's physical, Eun had returned to her office only for another officer to step in, this one she recognized as the Executive Officer. Was every member of the senior staff going to visit her today? She sighed and stepped out, greeting him with a slight tinge of weariness. "Can I help you, sir?"
Eun Ae Kye
Eun Ae Kye
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arunjezeb Ameen September 30th 2010, 5:01 am

Turning to his left, Arun was pleased to see a young woman standing in the doorway of the Chief Medical Officer's office, perhaps this place isn't a ghost town as I'd have previously thought. As the promotion to First Officer had happened rather hastily, Arun hadn't yet had the opportunity to familiarize himself with the service jackets of the assigned Senior Staff (that would come soon enough, though), so he didn't visibly recognize the Officer, but went so far as to assume she was the ship's Doctor. "Yes, Lieutenant, I'm here for my required physical." He replied simply, a smile adorning the ruggedly handsome features of his face.
Arunjezeb Ameen
Arunjezeb Ameen
First Officer
First Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eun Ae Kye September 30th 2010, 5:14 am

Another one, terrific. Just bloody terrific. "Step over to the exercise machine and we can get started." She grabbed up a tricorder from a nearby desk, having grown sick of scanning people with her implants today. Four more hours of this, just four more hours and then I have a date.....
Eun Ae Kye
Eun Ae Kye
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arunjezeb Ameen September 30th 2010, 5:21 am

Arun did as instructed, taking a passive interest in the slight inflection of annoyance he thought to have heard in the Doctor's response. Locating the compact machine, he approached it and awaited further instruction; if this experience were to be like any other physical he'd taken before, he was certain the Doctor was going to be putting him through a rather rigorous series of physical exercises. Unzipping his uniform tunic, he stripped away the top layer, hanging it on a retractable, wall-mounted peg. Left in the gold undershirt of the services division, he waited for the Doctor to join him.
Arunjezeb Ameen
Arunjezeb Ameen
First Officer
First Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eun Ae Kye September 30th 2010, 6:34 am

Eun found it rather curious that Ameen still wore a gold uniform, but didn't put too much thought into it. Shrugging, she stepped over and tapped a few commands into the exercise machine, starting up it's treadmill component. At the same time, she did a few quick scans of the lieutenant with her tricorder. "Start running, I want to start by seeing how long it takes you to reach your target heart rate."
Eun Ae Kye
Eun Ae Kye
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arunjezeb Ameen September 30th 2010, 6:55 am

"Aye Doctor," he replied, mounting the machine and then adjusting his gait to compensate for the slowly increasing speed of the treadmill. As a young child, Arun had enjoyed the sport of cross country running; often times, he'd wake just as the sunrise was cresting upon the horizon, and would partake an early morning run with his father. This time was special, as it was really the only chance he had to share alone with a person he had once greatly admired. The rest of the day was often spent vying for his attention and affections, competing against two older brothers and even his mother, if one could understand such a complex mentality for a child. The problem, however, was that Arun was never really very good with competition, so when his father would sneak into his room during the early morning hours and shake him awake for a two or three mile run, Arun hardly ever disappointed his father by saying no.

"You know Doctor, while I attended the Academy, one of my extracurricular activities club was the cross country team ... I think maybe a bit more speed would help me to reach my more conditioned response rate." He suggested politely.
Arunjezeb Ameen
Arunjezeb Ameen
First Officer
First Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eun Ae Kye September 30th 2010, 7:17 am

Eun nodded and tapped in a few commands, tripling the speed of the treadmill. "Any other activities, injuries, illnesses or conditions I need to know about?" She'd already read his medical history thoroughly, but experience had taught her that records didn't tell one everything important about a patient's health. Sometimes, it was just necessary to ask-or possibly grill-him directly.
Eun Ae Kye
Eun Ae Kye
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arunjezeb Ameen September 30th 2010, 7:34 am

Arun's gait quickened, as did his breathing and heart rate. This was more like it. "Ummm ... let me think," he mustered. "When I served on board the Horatio, my arm and leg were broken when the ship sustained extensive damages after intercepting a unique stellar phenomenon. Aside from that ..." He breathed, "I don't think so." He thought for another moment, aside from the standard childhood ailments, he'd not experienced overt medical maladies that warranted noting outside of what was already retained in his comprehensive medical history supplied by Starfleet Medical.
Arunjezeb Ameen
Arunjezeb Ameen
First Officer
First Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eun Ae Kye September 30th 2010, 8:40 am

"Well, as long as you don't have any lingering pain, it should be fine." Eun finished her scan as Arun reached his THR, taking note of the time it had taken at the current speed while she deactivated the treadmill. As Arun slowed down with the spinning belt beneath him, she pulled down a pull-up bar to within his reach.

"When you're ready, I'd like you to start on some pull-ups so I can monitor how your formerly broken arm reacts to the stress." 
Eun Ae Kye
Eun Ae Kye
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arunjezeb Ameen September 30th 2010, 9:13 am

Before moving on to the next exercise, Arun unzipped the gold shirt he still adorned. Peeling it from his upper torso, he was left bare-chested, a sparse smattering of black hair sprinkled across a rather well defined and toned chest, the sweat apparent through its glistening under the recessed lighting of sickbay. "Yes, Ma'am," he replied, reaching up towards the chin bar, gripping it tightly, he started to lift himself from the carpeted deck plating below, bending his legs at the knee so they would no longer touch the floor, the tightening and definition of his arm muscles flared. "Doctor, those are quite a unique pair of eyes you have there. Tell me, when did you require implants?" He inquired unabashed, more intrigued with the integration of cybernetic technology on the woman. Already, he'd been surprised twice by two of his fellow crewmen ... first by Lieutenant Acel'ex, now by the good Doctor, both, apparently, with cybernetic or technological adaptations that were quite interesting to the engineer at heart.
Arunjezeb Ameen
Arunjezeb Ameen
First Officer
First Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eun Ae Kye September 30th 2010, 9:37 am

"Well, the ocular implants weren't really needed," Eun replied quietly as she monitored the strain on his muscles, "It's just incredibly common for Lagashi to have cybernetic eyes. Though I did need structural reinforcement to my skeleton when I was a teenager."
Eun Ae Kye
Eun Ae Kye
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arunjezeb Ameen September 30th 2010, 10:12 am

Eun wrote:"Well, the ocular implants weren't really needed," Eun replied quietly as she monitored the strain on his muscles, "It's just incredibly common for Lagashi to have cybernetic eyes. Though I did need structural reinforcement to my skeleton when I was a teenager."

Arun halted mid-pull-up as his eyes fixated on the mechanized orbs belonging to the Doctor. "'Structural reinforcement'?" He inquired thoughtfully and with deep-rooted interest. "I'm not familiar with your species, although I know of them ... is this a common practice, the integration of artificial machinery and technology into the biological?" He asked as well. In Earths history, it was common practice to integrate artificial apparatuses into the Human body when certain systems failed; metal hips, artificial hearts, prosthesis, they were all utilized in such a way as to alleviate and further enhance the lifestyles of those afflicted by devastating medical conditions. However, in the way that the Doctor explained her own adaptations, it sounded as her ... biological ... changes hadn't been medically necessitated.
Arunjezeb Ameen
Arunjezeb Ameen
First Officer
First Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eun Ae Kye September 30th 2010, 12:33 pm

"You could call it common... we're given technological upgrades at birth." She snapped her tricorder closed, sufficiently pleased with the results of the scan. "You can stop now, all I want to do now is get a blood sample and ask you a question. Then you can get out of here."
Eun Ae Kye
Eun Ae Kye
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arunjezeb Ameen October 1st 2010, 7:07 am

Eun Ae Kye wrote:"You could call it common... we're given technological upgrades at birth." She snapped her tricorder closed, sufficiently pleased with the results of the scan. "You can stop now, all I want to do now is get a blood sample and ask you a question. Then you can get out of here."

Arun gently let himself down from the pull-up bar and retrieved a baby-blue towel with the Starfleet Medical emblem stamped in the middle of the actual towel. Wiping the sweat from his brow and chest, he turned towards the Doctor. "Certainly, feel free to ask." He replied politely.
Arunjezeb Ameen
Arunjezeb Ameen
First Officer
First Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eun Ae Kye October 1st 2010, 11:51 am

"Well, this is going to sound odd," Eun explained as she took out a syringe and swabbed his arm. "What's the CO like? I mean, how does she behave? Is there anything quirky or unusual about her? Like, uh, anything I should know if I were to.... date her?"
Eun Ae Kye
Eun Ae Kye
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arunjezeb Ameen October 2nd 2010, 1:32 pm

Arun paused for a mere second, a subtle look of surprise crossing his face, I've only just arrived on board ... why would she believe I would know anything about the Captain? I just met her for the first time this morning. He inwardly griped. Saddling that particular thought for the time being, he slowly shook his head in response, a confused expression now adorning his face. "There's not much about her that I actually know, really ... she and I only met for the first time earlier this morning and prior to that I had no anticipation of being reassigned and/or promoted to this posting, so I can't really say that I've researched her service jacket either." Pausing once more, he contemplated whether his next question would be appropriate, but ultimately curiosity won out. "If I may, why do you ask?" A raised eyebrow complimented the inquiry quite nicely.
Arunjezeb Ameen
Arunjezeb Ameen
First Officer
First Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eun Ae Kye October 3rd 2010, 2:37 am

"Oh, uh, no reason at all, don't worry about it," Eun lied, "There's nothing more, so feel free to leave." She nervously shifted her weight, desperately wishing she hadn't said anything about Raiya.

:Tag/End?:
Eun Ae Kye
Eun Ae Kye
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arunjezeb Ameen October 4th 2010, 4:33 am

Eun Ae Kye wrote:"Oh, uh, no reason at all, don't worry about it," Eun lied, "There's nothing more, so feel free to leave." She nervously shifted her weight, desperately wishing she hadn't said anything about Raiya.

:Tag/End?:

Arun cast a most inquisitive look towards the Doctor as he came to rest against the nearest biobed. His head cocked to the right and an eyebrow raised, he held up a hand to still the Doctor almost as if by instinct. "Now, you really wouldn't have asked unless there was a reason ... now, out with it." He said so plainly that it instilled a sense of non-retreat and expectation.

(Ameen OOC: come on now, you didn't think I'd just up and leave when the juicy parts start to rise to the surface. Razz)
Arunjezeb Ameen
Arunjezeb Ameen
First Officer
First Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eun Ae Kye October 4th 2010, 12:02 pm

"I, uh, I...." Eun gulped and looked down, nervousness pouring out of her. "I kinda have a date with her tonight... sorry if that's inappropriate, but she didn't say no...."
Eun Ae Kye
Eun Ae Kye
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arunjezeb Ameen October 4th 2010, 1:55 pm

Arun stared at the Doctor; just ... stared with a sort of dumbfounded expression that conveyed a sense of utter chock. "So, let me get this straig-ahem, correct." He replied after the silence between the two had swelled to uncomfortable proportions, "you asked your new Commanding Officer, a woman whom you only met for the first time earlier today and hardly know anything about, out on a ... date?" Arun was unable to hide or shield or mask the sheer ridiculousness of how his statement sounded and that had been the intent.
Arunjezeb Ameen
Arunjezeb Ameen
First Officer
First Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eun Ae Kye October 5th 2010, 9:25 am

"Yeah... instant crush." She gulped audibly and reached for Arun's duty jacket, handing it to him with trembling hands. "Can you please not go spreading it around? I don't want to be the subject of any nasty rumors or anything... sir."
Eun Ae Kye
Eun Ae Kye
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arunjezeb Ameen October 7th 2010, 3:39 am

Eun Ae Kye wrote:"Yeah... instant crush." She gulped audibly and reached for Arun's duty jacket, handing it to him with trembling hands. "Can you please not go spreading it around? I don't want to be the subject of any nasty rumors or anything... sir."

Arun took the jacket from the Doctor, not unobservant to the woman's outward physical reaction to the direction this particular conversation was taking. Assuming a more serious posture, Arun wiped a bead of sweat that was trickling down his temple before responding. "What you speak of is business between yourself and the Captain, I've no business in saying anything unless it interferes with the cohesive operations of this ship and its crew." He paused before continuing, "a word of advice, however, consider what you're doing very carefully and how it might impact yourself, the Captain and this ship; outside looking in, it's all been much too rushed." He concluded simply. One didn't necessarily need to overtly comprehend the meaning behind the statement, that was apparent in-of-itself. "Cheer's, Doctor." He commented lightly before departing from the medical bay.
Arunjezeb Ameen
Arunjezeb Ameen
First Officer
First Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eun Ae Kye October 7th 2010, 12:23 pm

((OOC: Shall I post this, or do you want to do it?))
Eun Ae Kye
Eun Ae Kye
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arunjezeb Ameen October 7th 2010, 11:27 pm

Hey there! I'll go ahead and put it together and post it a little later today. :-) So no worries.
Arunjezeb Ameen
Arunjezeb Ameen
First Officer
First Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down