USS Perseus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jay Whest

3 posters

Go down

Jay Whest    Empty Jay Whest

Post by Rippy October 2nd 2010, 10:57 am

Email: rippedheart777@gmail.com
AIM: grizzlyhunter455
MSN: matthew@linesfamily.com
Google Talk: Rippedheart
RPG Experience: Been simming for about 4 years now. I started out on a Star Wars sim site on the late MSN Groups, Star Wars: Conflicts. I eventually was named a senior manager and maintained that position for 5 months before MSN Groups closed and the group fell apart. At our peak we maintained 1,000 members and brought in over 300 posts a day. Lately I am a member of the Star Trek sim site Angel's Dawn under the brilliant command of Admiral Matthew Wood. I have lately been looking for a sim to augment my posting experience and Bravo Fleet seemed like the obvious choice. Smile This sim seemed to stand out as having good leadership and having a relatively new sim started. This is my first Bravo Fleet sim and I am excited to get to know the Perseus' crew and serve TF38!
--
Name: Jay Whest
Species: Human (Terran)
Position: Chief Strategic Operations Officer
Height: 6'4
Weight lbs.: 242
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Brown
--
Appearance: Jay is tall and imposing, with a scruffy beard covering the lower half of his face. He does not have many distinguishing marks besides scars on his legs from an operation from his teens.
--
Personality: Whest has always had large ambitions, and can appear cold to those who don't really know him; His friends know him to be a warm man with a dry, sarcastic sense of humor who will always get the job done. It takes him a while to really trust someone to begin to have a friendship/relationship with them, but is good friends with many on the Perseus.
--
Strengths: Flying colors in tactical and strategic techniques, as well as a mediator in bad situations, be it a civil war dispute or between two friends.
Weaknesses: When Whest was in his teens, playing football for his school he was tackled hard and broke both of the leg bones in his left leg. While it was treated correctly, he now does not have the greatest running endurance but a fast sprint. He is known as a somewhat of a klutz outside of battle where he becomes very focused. He is known to posses the skill to 'trip over flat surfaces.'
--
Ambitions: Whest's ambition at this point is the command of his own starship and possibly a Flag officer career if possible. At this point in time he is happy to be serving as the Perseus' CStO.
--
Hobbies and Interests: Reading, writing, organized sports, hunting, hitting the phaser range, collecting antique Earth weapons, archery.
--
Languages: Galactic Basic
--
Family:
Father: David Whest
Mother: Susan Whest
Sibling(s): Joshua Whest
--
History: Jay Whest was born in a humble town near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. His father was a professional Starfleet enginner, assigned to repair ships in a small bay in the state. Jay grew up with average grades and a pesky younger brother who Jay enjoyed very much despite his annoyances. He was known as a good child and student.

Jay knew he wanted to join the Navy from the first time he saw a starship with his father at the bays. At the age of 18 the Security / Tactical branch seemed natural for him being tall and well built with a cunning tactically adept brain. He entered the Academy, and, after a recommendation after passing his basic training, was passed on to the Officer Academy. There Jay trained at commanding Security teams as well as new, more complex Tactical scenarios. After he qualified from the Academy he was given a commission aboard a warship as a Ensign, where he seconded the Tactical/Security division there. After outstanding performance and a Captain's recommendation, he was promoted to Ensign 1st Class and given a position aboard the USS Mississippi. There, he developed brilliant strategies for different tatical situations, and the Captain began differing to him above the Tactical Commander. Whest was soon placed in the recently vacated Chief Strategic Officer position to augment the Chief Tactical officer with his knowledge of scenarios, tactics, and ways of implementing them. Whest's smart mediating skills also made him a natural choice as a fleet liaison.

Whest served with distinction as the CStO of the Missisippi for 7 years before being promoted and transferred to the USS Perseus for their mission of exploration in the Delta Quadrant. Whest takes his place with honor and dignity and is prepared to serve under Commander Laren to the best of his abilities.
--
Sample Post: Whest threw himself out of bed at the blaring of the Red Alert alarms. He moved himself quickly, jumping into his uniform and heading for the door in under a minute. He attached his com-badge on the way to the turbolift to the bridge. "Whest here, en route to the bridge." He reached the turbolift a few moments later. The doors came open with a woosh and he stepped inside. "Bridge, stop override Whest-gamma-32." The turbolift closed its doors immediately and shot up towards the bridge. The special access code given overrided others attempts to access the turbolift while he was on his way to the bridge as a department head and senior staff member. The doors opened soon after they had closed, and he stepped out onto the where he could see his grimly focused crew mates. He strode quickly over to the Strategic Operations station.

"Ensign, report." The Ensign quickly rattled off the events leading up to the issuing of the Red Alert. "Aye Ensign, relieved." Whest logged into the station, accessing his strategic battle plans and prepping communication with the fleet if a battle broke out. "Strategic ready for battle, sir, I can open a link with the fleet at a moment's notice."

Whest settled himself in, preparing himself for the imminent conflict.

Last edited by Arunjezeb Ameen on October 11th 2010, 3:03 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added position to description of title for the topic.)
Rippy
Rippy
Chief Strategic Ops
Chief Strategic Ops

Back to top Go down

Jay Whest    Empty Re: Jay Whest

Post by Raiya Laren October 2nd 2010, 11:25 am

That's a nice bio! The only problem I do have with it is that the character picture is one of a Canon Character, which is something that tends to be frowned upon. The Perseus has a couple of Graphics gurus on board though who'd be happy to make you a picture based on any actor you like, provided a good head shot of them. I'll be wating for you to respond to this to confirm your joining ,please. Once a member I'd give the rank of Lieutenant Junior Grade.
Raiya Laren
Raiya Laren
Captain
Captain

https://perseus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rippy October 2nd 2010, 11:27 am

Aye sir! I understand the canon picture, I will remove that ASAP and find an actor to use. Thanks much Captain for the quick response.

EDIT: Who should I report to with celebrity shots?
Rippy
Rippy
Chief Strategic Ops
Chief Strategic Ops

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiya Laren October 2nd 2010, 11:33 am

Well there's no one to report to, you can either head over to Relay Station Bravo and join up on Bravo Fleet's forums, There's an entire section on graphics request, and an area for character pictures as well, however it may take awhile before they accept you, the new user process can be slow at times. On the Perseus just post a reqeust in our Graphics Section!
Raiya Laren
Raiya Laren
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Rippy October 2nd 2010, 11:35 am

Gotcha, thanks! I'll get a post up over at the Perseus' forums and if that works out, great, but if not that's OK too. I am already signed up at the forum is well, been doing a good bit of research on all the TFs. Smile
Rippy
Rippy
Chief Strategic Ops
Chief Strategic Ops

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiya Laren October 2nd 2010, 11:37 am

Good to know! I'll start setting permissions and such!
Raiya Laren
Raiya Laren
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Rippy October 2nd 2010, 11:46 am

Thanks for the quick responses Captain. I should have a post up either tonight or early tomorrow.
Rippy
Rippy
Chief Strategic Ops
Chief Strategic Ops

Back to top Go down

Post by Arunjezeb Ameen October 2nd 2010, 1:22 pm

That's an extremely well-written and thought out application! Smile It's quite nice to have you here with us on board the Perseus, so, welcome on board and to the family! Smile Please let Raiya or myself know if there's anything we can do, such as answer any questions or address any concerns!
Arunjezeb Ameen
Arunjezeb Ameen
First Officer
First Officer

https://www.facebook.com/cuzinvinnie01

Back to top Go down

Post by Rippy October 2nd 2010, 1:34 pm

Thanks Commander. Wink
Rippy
Rippy
Chief Strategic Ops