USS Perseus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rules

Go down

The Rules Empty The Rules

Post by Raiya Laren September 2nd 2010, 9:46 am

As you may or may not know the Perseus is a Bravo Fleet Simm, and such we will comply with all rules set forth in the Bravo Fleet Constitution and the By-Laws

As for my rules, I don't have a whole lot right now, if Need to make more I will though. If you have to ask ASK!! Otherwise don't do it. Please not that these rules are subject to change.

Posting

You are required to post once a week while the ship is in active status. If you don't, and you don't contact me, or the XO about an LOA you will have two weeks before you will be removed from position(If you're a department head, asst. department head, or another important or unique position otherwise you will remain in the same spot), and demoted. If you don't show up a week after this you will be removed from the Simm without exception. If you post a few times in a week, it does accumulate, but it will help you in the case of promotion.

Here's what I expect posts to look like on the Simm

Place,Specific (Like the Bridge on Deck one)
Place, General (Like the Perseus)
Time, and Mission day (Preferably Military time, like 0700 hours, Day 3)

ON:(You don't have to add on every time but if you write something out of character before the post please make sure we can tell it's separate from your in character post)

Your posts text here. I would like it to be in the third person, and remember you are not an omni-present being, stay in character. If you're on Deck 3 in the sickbay, then you don't know that someone's been taken hostage on Deck 7 until you've otherwise been notified. also you cannot read minds if something is in italics, there's a good chance it's a thought (or a name of something, I expect you to be able to tell the difference here). you can't read thoughts, even if you're a Betazoid, unless the other character's player gives you permission to do so for that specific instance. Also you're not invincible; if you shoot yourself in the head with a phaser, you're dead. End of story, so try to keep it realistic and rational. Also if you do use Cuss words, I personally don't have a problem with it, just don't make it to excessive. Overly Aggressive, or sexual posts are not allowed.

OFF: (Again only if you have something written out of character coming after your in character post)

Tag (If your interacting with another character), or TBC (standing for to be continued if you plan on continuing with this in another post)

If you do a joint post with someone, make sure that if you're the person posting it, that you give credit to all involved at the end.

Also guys make sure you read the other posts, if you post something that doesn't match with the plot line, or current time I'll shoot a PM about it, and if you don't edit it I'll pull it off the mission. Creating you're own side plot is okay, as long as it doesn't interfere with the main mission, if you want to be sure just ask me or the XO and we'll let you know. Some things like playing on the Holodeck if the ship is at Red Alert will not be allowed, but if you were in the holodeck before the red alert you'll be given time to get out.

Character

This will be covered more in the application section, but for now make sure you're character is original. If you're ripping someone else's character, or one from the T.V series or books I will know and you will have to rewrite your character. Also no Q, or Augments, or Borg Drones still the borg and etc....
If your new to Simming or Trek please try a junior position first, so you have some time to get the hang of things, and see if you like it or not. Please play your character the way you wrote it as well, if you write one thing and do another it will be frowned upon. On the Perseus you will also be allowed to have one "NPC" Character that will be your exclusively should you be able to porve you can handle the added responsibility.

Rank

Senior Staff will always start off at a minimum of Lieutenant Junior Grade, and depending on the quality of the Application, Lieutenant. Other positions will be given Ensign as a minimum, or Lieutenant Junior Grade at maximum for the start. I also might sprinkle in some Enlisted ranks, these characters tend to be harder for people new to simming to play, and they will be given ranks ranging from Crewman all the way up to Petty Officer (or Chief Petty Officer, or Warrant Officer if a Department Head applicant would rather be enlisted than officer, you will hold the same power as any other Department Head in terms of In Character Rank, similar to Chief O'brian on Deep Space Nine). Cadet Positions are also available, but no Cadet can be a Department (At least until they graduate), you're Cadet year will be determined by the quality of the Application as well. I also want the Perseus to host a good size crew of civilians and plan on offering a good range of positions as well, and ways other than rank for them to be merited for their hard work.

Promotion and awards

These will be handed out at the end of every mission, to the players that deserve them by me and the XO. They may also be handed out mid-mission if it's a long mission. Promotions are determined by your postings, both in quality, quantity, and your activity in OOC polls and decisions. Awards will handed out to the people that the XO and I think deserve them as well. Some awards will be given to a vote for the players to decide amongst themselves, I'll have more on this once the Award system is up and running.

LOA

If you need to go LOA just post it, or send me or the XO a pm and we'll let the rest of the crew know. If you're going to be absent for more than three weeks I'll probably give you an ELOA. If your character is heavily involved in the Simm's plot line it might be subjected to a little NPC'ing by me or the XO unless it can be written out in a reasonable manner.

Breaking the Rules

Breaking the rules will result in a warning depending on how serious. Continuously breaking the rules or offending players can result in removal of the character from the game.

I may add more to this or change some other things after we get launched depending on how well they work right now.

Raiya Laren
Raiya Laren
Captain
Captain

https://perseus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum